|Legislation and Standards Handbooks|
Now, I discovered some things during those few months:
1. Pre-reading helped me follow the lecture and not get lost
2. Not being lost increased my chances of being able to comprehend what the lecturer said
3. Being able to comprehend what was being lectured meant I was listening attentively
4. Listening attentively made me aware of - and not miss out on - some important points that the lecturer raised; points that were not be in the textbook
5. Completing the class exercises done during the lecture with the lecturer helped to save all that time I would have used in trying to figure out how to do the exercise on my own; which would be the case If I left the exercises for my study time. Moreover, doing the exercises during the lecture helped to get questions answered there and then when I had questions on the exercises.
See how lectures can work in our favor? I've realized that I cannot afford to procrastinate the understanding of the coursework until test and exam period. Being stressed and cramming during the exam period - it does not work for me. Besides that, I realize that I am studying material that will be implemented when in the working world. I cannot afford to cram information that will be temporarily stored in my mind; information that I will have to study again because of having forgotten it.
So, what works for you, worked for you, or think might work when it comes to making use of lectures effectively and eliminating procrastination of understanding coursework? Feel free to share on the comments section below.
You can also follow the blog on twitter: https://twitter.com/student_blog and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Student-talk-blog-For-learners-and-students-496094020519505/
Well that's it from me...for now :D. Thanks so much for your time and consideration.
Till next time :).